Monday, March 5, 2012

Rebecca - 18 months

Hey, I thought about not translating word by word from the portuguese post and doing a new post about Rebecca in english but I believe both will end up pretty similar!

We don't have much new things to mention just a few, actually! She still has only six teeth since ages ago (I'm starting to fear something is wrong... joking!!) But anyway, so meals time gets a little hard for us! We need to cut and smash everything very well so she won't choke! She is not a foodie!! Actually, until now, we have found out just a few foods that she enjoys. For now, this is what we know:

- She likes chicken and prefers it to any other meat like beef and fish. Although she likes a little bit of every meat.
- She loves broccoli, with salt and olive oil (to add some fat!)
- She loves cucumber (she is definitely my daughter!!!)
- She doesn't like sweet peas, nor beans.
- Sometimes she gives us hard time to eat tomatoes and carrots.
- She likes japanese rice rolled into nigiri balls!
- She likes her daddy's chicken and rice soup (because it's well prepared with special seasoning and tasty!)
- Only a short time ago she started eating sandwiches like tuna salad sandwiches! She likes whole grains bread!
- She doesn't like pasta....
- She is not a "fruit person". Sometimes she tries some fruits but mostly she doesn't want it at all! BUT - right now - we are trying to give her each morning a little bit of those fruit puree you can buy at grocery stores, and she is enjoying it... don't know for how long...
- She likes mashed potatoes with margarine and salt.
- And she likes french fries, but who doesn't it?

And that's it for foods. Now about her size! She is still petite, but we trying to accept that she might be petite forever! Although there is some hope she can be a late bloomer! I guess we'll have to wait and see it! But people in here usually are very big and lots of people get pretty impressed when they see a baby so small but already able to do so many things like Rebecca. Actually, in here, it's pretty normal for us to see babies bigger than Rebecca having half of her age and, therefore, half of her ability.

She is also a real girl! She likes everything girly! She knows how to be charming and she is very vain too!! She often asks for my lipstick and for the comb so she can comb her hair! She also likes my long hair and my shoes! She loves to dance specially lively musics. She also has a little purse that when I put it on her arm she walks like parading with it!! And she loves her stuffed animals specially her pink teddy bear Pimpona! She hugs it all the time!!!!

She also loves books! I read all her books to her almost daily and often I need to sing TWICE a day all the nursery songs written in 3 of her books!! God give strength to persevere!!! LOL

She loves tv too! She is a truly fan of Dinossaur Train, Pingu, Dora, Blue's Clues, Veggie Tales, Kipper the Dog, Sid the Science Kid and Barney, specially the "Let's Go to the Zoo" episode! And she ultimately ADORES "Howl's Moving Castle" from the same studio of "Spirited Away". It's a heck of a crazy movie, but its graphics are very pretty and very detailed!

She is getting smarter day by day. She is also saying some more words, but still just a few. But she knows how to imitate lots of animal sounds!! We are hoping to take her to the Fort Worth Zoo next month and enjoy good weather while we still can! In may, heat starts to get pretty strong already!! Oh, one detail, we heard that the Fort Worth Zoo is one of the biggest in the USA and the Barney episode I mentioned above was actually filmed there!!! So I think Rebecca will be able to recognize lots of things from the movie!!! I'm excited for her!! hehe

And that's it! It turned out not so short I as wanted, but here it is!

There are pictures on facebook! I'm not a big fan of posting them here!

See y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment