Friday, January 11, 2013

January, celebrating our wedding anniversary!

Hellooo

So is January back again and in a week Dan and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary (on the 18th).

Dan and I have been in a very good phase for some months already!! Very few fights/discussions. Don't know how we managed to do it! Must be God's grace!!! We are growing! Helping ourselves and each other to get along and to avoid arguing. Helping also in a physic way. If one of us are tired, the other will reach out a little more without judging faces or asking for some kind of recompense later!

I've realized that I also learned how to let go on small disagreements in other to achieve peace or not get into a "dark alley" even if that means that my point of view, or my need to give an explanation for my thought wouldn't be heard every time!

Dan, on his part, is being amazing on ignoring my grumpy pregnant worn out self when it eventually appears at "dinner preparation" time. Also, I'm impressed how Dan is good at keeping the stress and tiredness out of our home!!

I particularly noticed it when in a specific day I was SUPER tired and just couldn't put on a good face at the end of the day. Then I realized how Dan often has some very busy days at work, but he never has a long face. Actually, when he has one hell of a day, he starts to sing annoying parts of songs for everything. hahahaha It's actually funny, but it really annoys my prego ear. Poor Dan....

We did get into one "medium" fight that left me feeling very hurt. But in the same half an hour Dan went out to hug me. I went out to cry all the crying my prego emotional self was holding. We talked! He apologized! We got all better!

But mostly, we are smiling much more!! Natural smiles, you know? And actually, we are more smiling with Rebecca too! And she has also been smiling much more as well!! It's a true flow of good "vibrations" (no exoteric/mystic meaning intended!).

We still don't know how we are going to celebrate our anniversary this year since we are really trying to budget. But we are thinking on having a meal at "The Cheesecake Factory" and maybe to watch a Rockets game (we can find tickets at $10 each!). It would certainly be my last real hang out before baby Nicholas arrives!

And since last year we spent our anniversary in the middle of our trip to California, I'm planning on writing a post about that trip, since I've never got to do that. But mostly because I don't want the memories to fade away. Keeping a blog is a wonderful way to avoid that. Like keeping a diary! Although, I'm thinking on only writing a portuguese post about this trip! Trip posts are not my favorites so I'm writing in my native language and I probably won't be writing it twice to translate it! Forgive me, please!

Take care, everyone!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment