Im just copying the email I just wrote to a long distance friend with a few edits.
Sorry it's not much, but I've been running low on free time, nowadays!
Here it is:
We just came back from a 28 days-trip to Brazil after 3 years of not going back. It was good. We went back for my sisters' wedding! It was beautiful! And we also changed our visa status. So now we are J visa holders and I can ask permission to work now!
I've actually been studying for a civil engineering board test, the one that every civil engineer must be approved to work. My test is in November. I've been studying everyday for 3-4h a day.
Rebecca just started preK on the public school. She qualified because she isn't fluent in English quite yet. She goes to school everyday from 12-3pm and has weekly homework to do. Rebecca loves school and she is very good at making friends anywhere. I continue to go to the library every 2 weeks and we read lots of books together! She loves it! And the kids and I also go to church everyday.
Nico and I go to the gym (YMCA) almost daily while Rebecca is at school. He gets to play with other kids and I stay in the hall studying, for almost 2h. The "teachers" there love him!
Dan is still working at the same job here in Houston. We plan to be here for about 2-5 years. We never know. I'm not sure I'm gonna get a job as a civil engineer but I must try. Our budget is tight. And we want to have more children in the future. Rebecca said to me the other day that she wants to have many more siblings, hahaha! Rebecca just turned 4 years old on august 30th. We gave her two parties! One for our American church friends and the other one for our Brazilian friends!
Nico is 18 months and he started walking around 2 months ago. He is also great at speaking. He speaks and repeats lots of words, both in English and in Portuguese. He is so cute and so sweet! A very easy going boy. And funny! He cracks us up!
My sister that got married is now doing her professional master in Columbia university in NY together with her husband. My brother Rafael is also doing his professional master at Texas A&M in college station, so he comes to visit us, once a month.
My in laws are coming in the end of October and staying for a month.
And I think that's all!
Love,
Gabby
No comments:
Post a Comment