Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My birthday, but a gift to you!

Yeah, it's my 30th birthday today, Ash Wenesday, I'm pretty sure you heard me whine about it for some time already now!

I am not thrilled for the fasting and abstinence today as I am not thrilled about turning 30.... The first one is pretty obvious, the second one too! But I still want to explain my middle age crisis.

I feel like I am a teenager. I know, I've got problems! And I don't think I can sooolve them. Anyway!
I'm vain, and age makes its trail on your body.
I'm selfish, and I can't help but whine about stuff, any stuff.
I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar at some level, it impresses me that I have gotten so far in life, actually.
I have ADHA at some level, and again, it impresses me that I have gotten so far in life.

And now I stopped making sense.... I blame ADHA.

Well, as for Ash Wednesday it hasn't been so bad, actually! That's the benefit of dragging something so much then when it happens, it rarely turns out worse than you anticipated. (Although I would never suggest being this negative about stuff! You are better than me, friend, you can do better than that!)

It helped that I celebrated my birthday yesterday by throwing me a toddler party (well, except for the soup part)! But, 30 is not 3, as one can guess, and although the food looked great, at this old age I can't consume any significant amount of sugar without felling sick on my stomach. Rebecca and Nico, at the brighter (or not) side, loved the food! Well, except for the soup part! They actually tried the soup, we told them it was salsa, so they could eat it with chips. In case you are now wondering whether this tactic worked or not: it did very little.

The party worked great at taking off the responsibility of having a crazy awesome time on my birthday! It was still not my birthday but I was having a party and lots of chocolate. It drained my cerebral energy for expecting any more celebrations on the next day. So when I woke up today I was fine. It almost doesn't feel like it's my birthday and I'm ok with that! It helps that daddy wants to take me ice skating at an indoor place tomorrow night!! =) luv you, hubby!

And what about my gift to you?

You know how I can't keep a good thing to myself without sharing or making a big show out of it for everyone to see it!

Let's all just pretend that I wrote a very elaborated and convincing paragraph about what I'm gonna share with you, and you are now thinking  that you really need this in your life and you are most certain you will love it! ok? Did everybody spend some seconds visualizing it?

Ok, what you have to do now is to download the soundcloud app (or maybe you can listen on the website, I'm not totally sure).

Soundcloud app offers a variety of podcasts. Search for The St. Josemaria Institute! There you will find amazing 20-30 minutes meditations on different topics that will make you reflect and give you lots of lovely insights for your DAILY life!

Just take it from me, you will thank me later!

For my brazillian folks, it's also a great way to practice listening in english!

If I could suggest one of the podcasts I LOOOOVED:

St Joseph - the greatest male saint who ever lived
The Heart of Christ
Ash Wednesday (not the iPray, but the longer one)

Please, please give it a try

You can listen to it anywhere! I've realized I pay more attention when I'm doing laundry and listening to it at the same time! Just a tip! ;)

Xoxo
Gabby









No comments:

Post a Comment