Saturday, March 28, 2015

Wonderful Days

It's spring and it's beautiful in Texas! It gets a little chilly at night but it gets warm during the day! It breezes! And you sneeze! It's true, every good thing has a downside and in Texas this means allergies! It's my first year really feeling it! Dan already developed pollen allergy a few years back! But we've been managing it... Fortunately, we can still enjoy the wonderful weather!

We woke up and had breakfast. On Saturdays we'll usually go to the gym together, but today we decided to go straight to the library (we usually go to the library after gym or in the afternoon every other weekend). Every Saturday morning the library organizes "story telling" followed by some arts and crafts! All ages are welcome! It was great! The kids listened to two books about Easter and one about April's Fool Day and they made a nice Easter basket in the shape of a carrot! And the best part, the kids got some chocolate Easter eggs and some jellybeans! We also got a lot of new books for everyone!

We got home close to noon but lunch was already almost ready! Daddy finished it up while mommy did some loads of laundry and some cleaning! After lunch we put the kids down for a nap. Daddy was a little tired because of allergies (he chose not to take any medicine in the morning) and also needed a nap which he took in the couch! I wanted to finish the movie I started watching yesterday evening: Gone With The Wind! Wow! I had never watched the whole movie before. One time, a few years ago, I managed to watch the first 50 min of it (the movie is 3h48min long - with a 15 min break) and I remember watching the end of it (or so I thought) when I was very young at my grandmother's -  Nelsa - house! 

I just loved watching the whole movie! I can't say I loved the movie itself! Actually - because of the last scene I thought I remembered from my youth -  I was not so tense while watching the movie and kept thinking things would be very fine at the end! Oh boy. No spoilers (on a 1939 movie) but the story is so dense!!!! I really think it will be stuck in my mind for quite a while! I just can't come to a conclusion of why I enjoyed watching it so much...... I guess everything felt so real! I took a lot of it as food for thought! It is certainly not a fairy tale, but I would put it on the "must see movies" list, for sure!

Rebecca woke up from her nap a little before Nico did! As mom and dad had promised her we would do some baking in the afternoon she was all smiles and ready with her little apron on! Mommy and Rebecca made a wonderful "Yogourt Gateau" (yogurt cake). While the cake was baking, daddy started cutting the grass and the kids and I stayed outside enjoying the weather and watching daddy! When he was done with the yard, I started making Pao de Queijo (brazilian cheese bread) while he took both kids to the nearest grocery store to fetch some more things for dinner!

We decided to have a traditional brazilian "lanche" for dinner at 7pm. We had yummy cheeses, crispy bread, still warm yogurt cake, salami, pao de queijo, juice and tea! It was so good and the sun was still shining when we finished it! I just don't know why we've never thought of "lanche" for dinner in these last six years living in the US. We will certainly have "lanche" more frequently from now on!

At the end of the day I said to Dan: "what a happy life, isn't it, love?" to which he sincerely replied: "very happy!". 

I love my family!!
____

And I had a very strong urge to write this post! So we can remember all these things when we are older!





No comments:

Post a Comment