Luckily for us, the differences are for the better or regarding aspects that don't actually matter! It's just that, for us, it took us by surprise!
Dan and I were suuuure Vicky was going to be a copycat of Becca and Nico since her siblings are identical, except for gender, of course! Jokes aside, really, Becca and Nico are very similar to each other! And even though they are 2 years and 7 months apart, random people often ask us if they are twins! My mom saw a picture of Nico with a winter hat and mistook him for Becca. And when Nico was a baby I had continuous flashbacks of when Rebecca was that age!
Dan and I used to say at loud and very frequently, that we only had one baby recipe! I was certain that all the kids we would eventually have, would look the exact same and I often wonder how would it feel to be one of those families that's always a surprise what your next baby will look like! I like to search for patterns on everything but I guess I forgot to realize that statistically, two kids were too little of a number to reach any conclusion, and - biologically, that would be quite impossible too!
Vicky comes! And - sure - you still can tell we are all family, but she is notable different!
The nose! Different! She escaped daddy's snub nose!
Hair! She is the only one that inherited daddy's hair line!
Eyebrows, she is the only one that inherited mommy's!
Mouth! She has a smaller mouth! Ears are also new! Her face is not so round!
Size! She has longer feet, longer hands and longer legs than both Nico and Becca!
But, the greatest difference? She doesn't have a ginormous head, like her siblings! And it looked so different to me that I have been asking all the pediatricians I visit with, if it looks normal!
Of course it is normal! Actually, it is too normal! She is totally proportional - unlike Becca and Nico! At her latest checkup, at 35 days, she was at the 45 percentile for weight and height and at the 53 percentile for head circumference!
I won't deny it! I love my overly disproportional big headed kids! I was a little bummed Vicky didn't get a huge head and my tendency to over examine each situation already made me doubt if Vicky will be as smart as Becca and Nico but it is just me being ridiculous!
Actually, I do think Vicky is smart indeed, despite her
Besides, I am so over the stupidity to think that a person should be good at math or reading to be considered smart! For at least a decade now, I understand and truly believe that there are many different types of intelligence! And what matters most is their soul, anyway!
Moving to a different topic, Vicky is also different in behavior! She is definitely calmer than her siblings! Poor Becca had terrible colics and reflux due to dairy allergy which I only found out at 4.5 months so she cried a lot! With Nico, I was already enduring a dairy free diet 2 months before he was born. He didn't have any allergies, it turned out, fortunately, but he had terrible gas pain and was (and still is) a very light sleeper! And like most boys, hungry all the time! He would wake up to nurse every 2h, most nights!
With Vicky, she sleeps periods of 3-6h at night! Mostly it consists of a first period of 4h/5h and then 2 periods of 3h. Not bad at all! She also doesn't cry much during the day, except for her witching hour, which actually counts for 2 or 3h of fussiness before bed. Of course this can be challenging at times, but again, comparing her to Becca and Nico, it's not so bad! It's manageable!
Vicky seemed to be used to all the noise her siblings (and momma) make from day one! She actually seems to enjoy it! At times, she would be crying but then I lay her on the baby chair in the living room where all the action is, and then she is quiet again. Listening. She enjoys when Nico and Becca are talking to her too!
Vicky is a joy! We love her very much! I'm so happy we had her!

No comments:
Post a Comment