Monday, April 18, 2011

"The Story of Us - part 3"

Here it's what you've missed on the previous chapters:

I was (am) a very quiet and tranquil girl tired of parties and related (novelty!). I went to Ju's house in sjc (something kinda uncommon for me to be doing). Dan would give me a ride back from her house to Campinas (Daniel is Ju's friend but a stranger to me!). When we first saw each other he total snubbed me (Whaaaat?) And I, nevertheless, liked him (stupid me)! And I had stopped the story shortly before catching a ride with him!

So Dan decided that instead of picking everybody up at Ju's house, he would pick us up at the "Colinas" Mall. As I've already said, I had not liked it at all. I thought that was kinda a selfish thing to do since he had agreed to meet us at her house which was not far from the mall. While this didn't mean much difference to him, for me it did! But who gives the ride set the rules of the game. It's just that I'd expected more from some friend of Ju. But let's not give it too much attention!

So everybody had already arrived at the mall but Dan was not there yet. I was talking to Claudia and telling her the little I've learned about Dan. I repeated almost everything what I've heard from Ju. While I was talking about him to Claudia, Dan appears RIGHT behind us. I remember I frightened thinking that he was ears dropping me talking about him. I turned to look at him and ... he had taken a shower and he was actually looking pretty cute! =)

So we loaded the trunk with everybody's bags (mine was the largest! That was kinda embarrassing, but there was nothing I could do about it at the moment. I'm always pretty bad at packing my stuff and I always end up taking with me more things than I actually need. Besides, I had bought some gifts for my father, Ju and Lara (my sisters) as their anniversary were close to that date. But back to the story. It was kinda obvious that I was going to seat in the front seat and I actually wanted that. So I didn't even ask - for courtesy - if someone wanted to go in the front, for not risking to lose my spot.

I remember that shortly after we drove past the city's limit, Dan made through a curve kinda too fast and I immediately remembered Ju Ueno mentioning about his over-speeding. But it was just a minor "shock" and he drove safely the rest of the trip! Well, then there we were at trying to start a conversation with someone you don't know yet. But I'll have to say it was kinda easy and the topics of conversation were flowing pretty naturally one after the other. Of course it wasn't just me and him that were talking. I constantly tried to include the other two in the conversation too. But one can say that I was very engaged in talking to him and being suuuper smiling (something not so natural for me, unfortunately).

Anyway, we talked about everything, even about favorite names for each our own future children! Who would have thought that mine and his would be the same ones!! =) But please don't even ask me how we got to this subject bc I really don't remember how it arose. But it must have been because I mentioned that I had many siblings (ten!) so there is always the same basic jokes following such statement like questions "do you remember all of your siblings' name?" duuh. But back to what I was saying, we talked about names of babies and guess what! Dan and I ended up agreeing to some names, but the one we most agreed with was "Rebecca". Look at that! Not in my most fertile imagination I was thinking that someday we (me and this illustrious stranger) would have a baby together and name her Rebecca! It's really cool to look back at the past already knowing the "future", especially in these times!

Well, but our whole conversation was not all that smooth. I remember that Dan was somehow cold with me at several times. We talked about CISV bc Ju had already tried to make me get to know the entity, but I never took it seriously. But talking to him, I said I wanted to know more about CISV and he then told me he was going to send me some more information later by email. But then Nathalie mentioned that she also knew CISV and almost immediately Dan told her: "Oh, then you can send her (me) the information!" (frustration music starting in my head...)

Another one: Nathalie began a conversation of zodiac signs (affff) and then everybody ended up saying when it was each one's birthdays. So I found out Dan's birthday is on Feb, 2nd and mine is on Feb, 10th. I thought that was kind of cool and a happy coincidence that our birthdays were so close to each others, and conveyed it to him. Then him: "My ex girlfriend's birthday and mine are on the same day!" (frustation music starting again and even louder now!). Really?? hahaha. When it seemed that I was getting closer to him, he kept shutting me out!

But in overall I think we could finish the trip sympathizing with each other and there were two pleasant hours (for me, at least). Because of logistics, I ended up being the last one to be "delivered". Anyway, we arrived at my house, I grabbed my things and we said goodbye, simple like that. Bah, what were you expecting? That he asked for my phone or anything like that or that we would romantically kiss like it happens on movies? Logically not! This is real life! And I was already resigned and accepting the fact that all my efforts to conquer him was in vain and that we would never see each other anymore in our lives, even though we were studying in the same university.

Well, so I got inside, but still kinda happy smiling (say, "in love-silly-happy") and I was afraid that my parents and siblings would realize it had something to do with some guy! Man, family always gets it right! Besides, I'm not good at all at hiding things from anybody! But I was not willing to endure that kinda of questionnaire: "Wow, what are you so smiling about?" and so on. You know what I mean! That family-bullying thing!

But, thankfully nobody said anything cuz I could reasonably disguise my feelings delivering the gifts I had bought and I went to bed quickly since it was already late. The next day I went to college. It was the second week of school (the classes had just resumed after winter break) and since the first day back to school, I was running at the university track n' field during my lunchtime. I was running almost daily. Well, I remembered Ju telling me that Daniel used to play soccer everyday at the university courts during lunchtime too (and that's why he was so tan!) So on that day, a monday, I got one more motivation to run: spotting Dan, tooootally by coincidence.

Well, there I was, running. Then I got tired and stopped. I was preparing myself to leave but I stopped at the soccer courts at a distance trying to see Daniel. Well, I found him (he had just committed a soccer fault on someone) and then I've realized how ridiculous I was being doing that: "Man, are you ridiculous or what! What do you want? That he suddenly looks at you and think you are stalking him? Or maybe you want to give him a "hi" from afar in front of all of his friends? Or maybe you want to go there everyday to see him from afar and only for a few secs and then go away?" Ridiculous, huh? Then, it "hit" me how foolish and nonsense was all of that and I abandoned the idea of the ​​"candidate Daniel" and I left to have lunch. After that day, I even stopped running at the sports center.

And that's the end of the third part!

No comments:

Post a Comment