Saturday, April 30, 2011

"The Story of Us - part 4"

I'm back!

Well, as you may have noticed, our story could have ended on the last part, like it has happened to several other crushes I've had in my life. I even remember talking on msn with a friend of mine (Goiano) - shortly after being in love with Daniel - that I was tired of having my heart broken almost every week! At that time I would "fall in love" very easily and as you know, none of these crushes led to anything! And when I said this to my friend, I was really thinking that my crush on Dan would have the same destiny: nothing! But as you already know the end of it, yes, our history did not finish there - it was quite the opposite (say marriage and have babies together!!!)

So I was disillusioned and kinda sad too! I guess I also got to talk on msn (something similar to Aim - instant chat - which was the most used in Brazil) with Ju Ueno on that same week and mentioned to her that I had liked Daniel a lot. I think I did it as a last attempt! Then Ju said "I know! Get his msn! He's usually not online but you can try talking to him." And without at least giving me time to answer her, she handed me (virtually handed me, I mean) his hotmail email address (aka msn). And there it was... standing still on my screen. So here it came the doubt: should I add him or NOT ????". I've never wanted to be seen as an easy girl so how would he see that? At the same time I was trying to convince myself that there would be no problem on adding him because many people do this: add anyone and everyone on msn. He could think I was that kind of online friendly person! He couldn't assume that I was actually flirting with him "only" because of it, right?

While I was still deciding it in my head, it was just too easy for my finger to simply press the button and add him. And I did it! Impulsively so there was no turning back! So I had him added him on my msn and then I let it go! Because as soon as I realized there was no turning back I could relax about it! I was actually so relaxed that when Dan finally accepted my friend request on msn (maybe after a week or two) and we were online at the same time - so we could chat - my crush on him had already faded away. But since I had added HIM I thought it was fair to introduce myself again and strike up a first online conversation. It was something like:

Me: "Hi, So... I do not know if you remember me, but I am Gabriela, Ju Ueno's friend, who got a ride with you two weeks ago."

Him: "Oh, yes I remember."

And, you know, we talked a little. I remember that we didn't talk much on that first time. I think when he got online on msn I was almost leaving to do something else. And as I said, my crush on him had already passed. So I think the next two times we talked on msn, yet on that same week, Daniel himself started the conversation! For those who are not so familiar with msn (or aim), WHO begins the chat is a very important point! So I was noticing that he was falling for me while I was trying to get away. I don't know what happens with me, but I have always done this sort of thing! I liked a guy, tried to win him over and if by a chance he ended up getting interested in me, I would step back! It should be a way of self-defense, I believe. Maybe I was a little bit afraid of getting involved in a serious relationship.

Well, with Daniel it was no different. So as we were talking more on msn, the more I realized he was getting really interested in me and I was making excuses for not going ahead with it seriously. But, by divine providence, I believe, I kept talking to him. Well at least they were interesting conversations, I convinced myself! And the conversations were getting more frequent and longer. As soon as I get online, he would immediately start talking to me and it seemed like he was online way more often than before, which I thought it was kinda strange, since Ju told me that he was rarely online! haha And from our conversations I could tell he was trying an approach.

At that time, Dan was a english professor at "Wise Up" (later on he would also be a teacher at "In Touch") and he had two female students who were my classmates. He asked them about me but they didn't speak very well of me - hahaha - I think they said I was a very angry and serious girl, or something like it. And Dan told me this, hahaha. Look at my embarrassment! Well, after a while, at some point in our conversation, he tells me this:




"Wow, we have only seen each other once, right? Do you think we will see each other again?"




I froze! hahaha This was too direct for me I didn't see it coming!




Me: "Oh, can be ..." (ellipsis are super important at these times! lol)




Then I think he said a "Yay" - haha - ​​and that was it. But soon on the next days he came up with a "party conversation". It was about a traditional party (launched by the engineerings courses) by the end of that week and that he and all of his friends (from Biology) were going. He asked me if I was also going and I said probably not. Well, I was tired of parties and i was afraid of Dan, hahaha! That was looking too much like a date and I was not willing to give myself in so easily.




What actually happened was that I really didn't go to that party and he did! On the following days, we met on msn again and he told me that he was looking for me at the party, and that he asked a lot of people if they knew me and if they knew if I was there or not. He told me that some people he talked to actually knew me and one of them even replied: "Oh, she doesn't go to parties so often." Which it was funny because I guess I was the only person who was studying engineering that hadn't gone to that party! Actually many people were there, but still I had decided that I wouldn't go!




Okay, but theeeen, I asked him how was the party and he said: "Oh, it was super cool!"




Whaaaaat? I know THIS. I know what THIS means! No man, specially from biology, would go to an "ENGINEERING party" talking back that the party was good if he was not with some girl! (Theory confirmed much later, when we were already dating). Can you believe these men? Even when they like someone they can be with another girl, easily and simply like that. And he was still talking to me on msn!!




Ok, I said I didn't want anything between Dan and I (did you really take me seriously? Lol) but that was too much and I was not ready to let other girls have him! Well, then he said there would be another party next week and that he and all of his friends were also going! (Which means that he left me a hint, right?)




And that's the end of the fourth part!

No comments:

Post a Comment