Have you seen this movie with Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer? I recommend it! I think it's a very good movie and I always get emotional and cry when I watch it again - something not so difficult since I'm a cry-baby!
But it's not about this movie that I want to write about. I want to tell you a little about the story of Dan and I. For my closest girlfriends I must have told them this story a thousand times with all the details, others know just the general of it, some don't know anything about it but must have some curiosity and the rest must not even have it. But I love to remember "The Story of Us" and will share it here! But I think I'll have to divide it into parts so it won't be too tiring for anyone!!
I'll start telling a little about me before Dan gets into the scene. (Shii, this will go on forever! lol) But before anything, I'll have to say that I never was the kind of girl that kisses some guy just for kissing (like it's pretty common in Brazil. Actually, people only start dating after kissing). I always said clearly to anyone who was willing to kiss me, that I was not like everyone else. "So you only go for a serious relationship?" - was the usual question. Well, in a way, yes! I tried to explain that if he wanted to kiss me, it would be an exclusive relationship and that we would try to get to know each other. If it didn't work out, that's fine, we "break up" and end of story! I didn't care how much the relationship would last. That was not my point! And I'll tell ya that this "tactic" (just joking!) never failed me and all of them accepted my "terms of conditions".
So before Dan I've had four ultra fast little relationships (thus, the only four guys I've kissed in my life). The longest one lasted for a month - and only in theory! Therefore, none of them was very important to me. But after the last one I've decided I wouldn't date guys if I wasn't sure I liked them the minimum for doing so. It seems like an obvious statement but I had to learn that practically on my life. So, from the last one until Dan, ten months have passed (the longest period of time since my first relationship) and at that moment I was kinda not interested in parties and related.
I remember that in July, 2006, I went to my last party at some night club (Swingers) and I left the place almost deaf. Parentheses: Man! How I hate these parties!! People must be drunk to feel like they are having any fun, you can't talk to anyone because of the sound volume and the type of music, and besides being a terrible dancer, I hate the embarrassment of myself and others dancing in a circle of people. But back to my point. I was partially deaf when I left the place (literally! I thought I would have to sue the night club if I didn't get better!) So I came home complaining with all my soul and swearing I would never go back to a night club again. Then, my father in a very serious way: "Yeah, yeah. You say this now but I bet you'll go back to a night club again." Then me: "Wanna bet?" (hahaha, you can see the self pride arising there) Then my father: "I do want to bet on it." Me: "Ok, cool with me, so let's bet. But I'll charge you my reward later, I'm serious!" hahaha. Yeah, I don't record having another conversation like this with my father ever. BTW, dad, where is my reward??? I haven't received anything yet! hahaha
Well, back to what I was saying. So I wasn't going to any night club and I wasn't interested in parties in general. I even missed a party I had already bought the ticket. It was the first time I've lost money like this. I have given up many parties before, but never a party that I had already bought the ticket.
Sure, I was not interested in parties but I was always alert to any possible candidate. Might this be that person you always see at the sports center at your university, or that one that every Monday studies in the same place at the university library, or that friend's friend. BTW, what single and available girl isn't like that? So, I was always flirting, but nothing more serious than that.
Sooo, finally, in August 2006, just a week after college restarted from winter break (we're in Brazil, remember?), my friend Ju Ueno was going to Sweden to stay there for several months and she had invited me to come over to her house in São José dos Campos (another city). And, really, who knows me can assure that I rarely slept over at someone else's house. In all my life, I've done that at Ju's, Érica's and Helena's house just a few times. Well, but I had decided I would go there at Ju's house (for the first time).
And that's the end of the first part!
No comments:
Post a Comment