Last Friday Dan, Rebecca and I woke up at 5am in order to get to my ultrasound and OB-GYN appointment - the first one starting at 9am in our old town since I still have my "future-former" (weeeird term, i know) insurance until the end of October. We'll be starting a new one this november so I think it will take a while until I choose a doctor and get through the hospital check in process. Taking these into consideration I decided it would be best if I had my ultrasound and routine appt still with my old doctor and insurance!
The timing was perfect (18 weeks) for the ultrasound and the next big happenings - diabetes testing and Rhgram shot - are only at 28 weeks so I'll have a considerable time to set things in order! So no biggie to drive 3:30h each way. Right??? We had our favorite kolaches for breakfast and everything worked out GREAT! We didn't get into any traffic jam and at the hospital everything went super fast, not the usual at all!!
At the ultrasound we found out we are expecting a BOY (sorry for the title spoiler =p). It was nice to know we will have both worlds - boy and girl - but any gender would have been awesome! We weren't hoping for a boy or a girl specifically, really! And since we don't plan on stopping at baby number 2, it was no biggie that we were expecting a boy this time! But again, we were SUPER happy and excited when we found out about our little guy! But also a lit bit worried. Dan and I both think it's hard to be a Man (with capital M) in this world and we think it takes much responsability, prayer and effort on us, his parent! But God trusted in us, so we'll try to do our best!
For sure, there is a lot of responsabilities on raising a girl as well, it is just that by Dan's own experience as a man and for what I've seen and not seen (since I'm a woman) it kinda worries us a little bit! Well, I was more worried before, actually, now I'm confident we'll give our best and God will take care of the rest!! =)
And for now, we are still thinking and deciding on a name, I'll give you some names that we like, but we are not making a pool here. I would NOT like people telling me "I prefer x, y or z"! Let us, please decide it freely! So, it has to be a name similar in both languages - portuguese and english - so unfortunately we don't have many options. What we have is: Lucas (or Lucca), Jonathan (or Jonas, Jonah but I already know 2 babies with these names...), Joel, Thomas, David. We also have Daniel and Gabriel that would work but unless we have 6 or more boys we are not going to use them! Or maybe we will, idk. Well, so it's going to be any of these names. Probably....
Well and for the rest, we went to the beach this last Sunday after Mass! It was a very last minute decision - after we realized the weather was perfect for it - and we forgot to take our cameras with us.... a total bummer.... But we are planning on going there again!! It's so close to where we live!! Rebecca loved loved loved the beach: sand, sun, sea and beach toys!! She was in heaven and so were we! Nothing makes us parents happier than to make our kids happy!!
xx
Ahhh fiquei muito feliz que vocês têm um menininho a caminho :) A Rebequinha com certeza vai adorar ter um companheirinho com quem brincar. Adorei os possíveis nomes, quero saber quando se decidirem por um. Beijos!
ReplyDelete