There are some days that simply start all wrong! Today was one of them! I had a rough morning with Rebecca. The kind of morning that she would start whining for anything, really! And then you get impatient and everything gets worse!
And you just don't understand what started this roller coaster. What did go wrong first that you could just have avoided it? And I usually don't have an answer. BUT, I knew that my impatience was making her behaviour worst. Lately, I've been noticing how Rebecca is so sentitive to all things around her.
For example, when we just moved to this new house, Dan and I were a bit stressed and not treating each other that well. And it just hit me that Rebecca could feel what was going on between us and would react to it being cranky, fussy, etc. On the day Dan and I started to behave better, she also cooperated. And it just makes all the sense, because I could remember when I was a kid it would be similar in our home! It was an amazing rediscovery, and may I say it, just in time!
But today I couldn't think of what was wrong. Dan and I were more than ok besides being only 7am, she had slept well, for what it seemed. Maybe she was having cramps for something she've eaten yesterday, but her morning stool made me disregard this option. She ate her breakfast fairly well, so i ran out of possible explanations. I tried to let her play in the yard, got some crayons and paper, put some relaxing music on the laptop, but everything I tried was useless.
But like I said, my impatience wasn't helping and I was already feeling bad by my own behaviour. I started praying a few Hail Marys to myself while I finished the dishes and decided I would try to change today's fate SOMEHOW. Since yesterday she had watched way too much tv because I was too tired to do anything else with her, I've decided that today we would watch much less tv so I started playing with her toys in her bedroom and she followed me. We're pratically parallel playing while we listened to lullabies.
And suddenly she was all better. Then it was time to leave for the 10:30am wed mass, which it turned out to be 10am mass, thus we missed it! So I decided to go to HEB to do some groceries since we were already in the car. We got home around 11:30 and it was time for her lunch! She was all peaceful. And impressively she ate all the meat sauce with pasta I handed her! Didn't expect her to enjoy it!
All in all, a morning full of learning! Now she is taking a nap! Hopefully we'll have a good afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment